Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Saim Hann Jetbike Chop-Shop Part 1
I was just clearing up some bitz parts from my wave serpent and falcon sprues the other day and thought of removing them from the sprue to save some storage space. As I was categorizing them and separating them, I suddenly had the urge to do some experiments with them.
Recalling a custom reaver bike model I saw on cool or not mini site, I actually have enough parts from the weapon and serpent sprues to make 6 more bikes! just enough for a decent squad. It looks more like the reaver bikes and I added a few more parts to make them look like the new upcoming release of the eldar jetbike.
The only thing lacking was the canopy of the jetbikes, which seems to be simple and easy enough to press mold and make copies of with some epoxy I purchased from a hardware shop earlier. Apart from that, most of the parts are GW bits. Currently, I am working on the color scheme and trying to chop of more bits from a guardian squad as the bike-riders. They are slightly longer than the normal jetbikes.
Ingredients are as follows:
1. One Shuriken Cannon, choped in the centre, right after the shuriken chain magazine feed.
2. One Eldar Missile Launcher, cut of at the cone,
3. One pair of the wave serpent weapon turret cover as rear jet chassis,
4. One pair of twin linked shuriken catapult, or one shuriken cannon for upgrades,
5. Bits and pieces from a guardian squad's accessories.
6. Jetbike canopy, may use other design as well,
7. Jetbike handle, (in this case I have enough leftovers from 2 box of shining spears, may be replaced with other parts.)
Here are some pics of the progress, will update more...